Thursday, December 20, 2012

Baking with love-Durian saku-saku


Happy Thursday peeps!
Durian fruit is regarded as the king of the fruits in many parts of southeast Asia. It can be made out of variety sweet edibles such as sambal tempoyak (An Indonesian cuisine made from fermented durian, coconut milk and some spicy spices to increase the flavor) variety of durian desserts, durian ice-cream (Quite popular nowadays,fried durian can be often found in our night market), durian sticky rice (origin from Thailand). However, durian is typically available from June to August, that's why the price is relatively high compared with other fruits. Fingers are the best tableware to eat durian, just like how you eat KFC :D finger licking good! 

I'm a little mysophobia on my hands, I tend to feel uncomfortable when my hands get dirty or oily, that's why I always carry the baby wet tissue everywhere. Haha you know what.. I usually eat durian with spoon, a bit exggerated but it's true! I thought I am not the only one but when I tell my friends, they all laugh at me in some kind of weird eyes. Okay, I often request for fork and knife in KFC but if see me eating without 'em which mean.. I'm freaking hungry.

Haha.. stop the craps! Let's begin the dessert making!

  
Homemade durian dessert



Saku-saku means 'crispy' in Japan.


Ingredient:

Cornflakes            30g
Digestives            80g
Sugar                    5g
Butter                 250g
Durian paste        300g
Whipping cream    500g


How to make:

1) Gently mashed the cornflakes and digestives cookies in a bowl,I usually put everything in a disposable plastic bag and use a baking roller to mashed it. Add some sugar and mix equally, sugar level can be adjusted. Stuff everything in a baking pan or container. 

2) Cook the butter in slow heat til it melted, put it aside to cool down. At the same time,you may prepare the whipping cream for later use.

3) Slowly pour the butter in baking pan and mix them well, then use a spoon press gently become a smooth surface.

4) Layer up the durian paste, it should be above the cookies. After it becomes a second layer, then apply the whipping cream.

Well.. I'm trying to make it as simple as possible. Hopefully you won't get confused.Haha



Enjoy making!
xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment